I love Strawberries. They are these juicy and delicious fruits listed amongst top fruits and vegetables. They are nutrient rich and are full of antioxidant capacity. Strawberries are rich in essential nutrients, folic acid, vitamin C, dietary fiber, and potassium.
Together, these components are responsible for the vast health benefits of strawberries. They are available fresh, freeze dried or frozen and are used in foods including baked goods, syrups, ice cream and medicines for their unique color, rich flavor, and taste. Here is a list of seven benefits associated with consumption of strawberries.
Health benefits of strawberries
• Immune system: This is our body’s defense against infections and a wide variety of other possibly damaging, and harmful conditions that can affect our bodies. In addition to this, Vitamin C boosts the immune system and cures coughs, colds and other infections.
• Brain function: As people get old, they begin to lose their memory, their limbs and muscles get weak. Fortunately, strawberries are packed with Biotin which also contains the antioxidant ellagic acid, which keeps the elastic fibers in our skin to keep it from sagging.
• Promote eye health: With increased age and lack of protective nutrients for the eyes, dangerous oxidants can cause extensive damage to eyes such as excessive dryness and vision defects. Strawberries are helpful because they contain potassium, phenolic phytochemicals, flavonoids which can prevent these conditions.
• Heart disease: Flavonoids, which are responsible for the flavor and color of strawberries – reduces the risk of heart disease. Strawberries also strengthen the cardiac muscles and lead to a healthier functioning of the heart.
• Arthritis and Gout: This causes the drying up of the fluid which helps increase movement of the joints, and the growth of toxic substances and acids, causing the degeneration of muscles and tissues. Strawberries, with their remarkable content of antioxidants and detoxifiers, help eliminate arthritis and gout.
• Cancer: The daily consumption of strawberries is connected to a drastic reduction in the presence of harmful cancer cells. They contain antioxidants which form a strong line of defense to fight cancer and tumor growth.
• High blood pressure: Strawberries are rich in potassium and magnesium content, both which are active in reducing high blood pressure caused by sodium and other various risk factors. Potassium is significant in the reduction of hypertension, and the firmness of arteries and blood cells because it is vasodilator, meaning it assists in lowering blood pressure, enabling the flow of blood to numerous parts of the body, thus oxygenating them and keeping them functioning at their full potential.
In conclusion, for you to achieve and maintain your high health, it is recommended that you include strawberries in your daily intakes. Their nutritional and health benefits are numerous hence reducing the many trips to the doctor. You can take the strawberries in from of whole fruits, blend them to make juice, include them in your baking goods or make fruit salad and enjoy.